Well I had originally planned to photograph the insights into young adults drinking and taking drugs in a completely uncontrolled and free environment which would be at a friends farm on his 21st birthday. I still will photograph this for my own personal work but don't think it can hold up to the deep concept this class requires. So instead I'm still searching everyday in my head for something that I care about that has a deeper meaning. I don't usually think about things too deeply, this is the main reason I am moving towards photojournalism for a newspaper. I love photography and photographing people and places, so for me its perfect, I don't have to think up extravagant concepts I just turn up to the event and shoot it, much like I would if I was to photograph the 21st birthday. So ill try and jump out of my comfort zone a little here and see if I can put my mind to a half way decent concept and follow through with it. Struggling a lot thus far, and time is always against me. A brief thought was to do self portraits when I am severely under the influence. Which is usually about twice a weekend. Every morning I wake up and realise how much money I wasted, it is the one thing in my life that really pisses me off and that I have no control over. Over the next two weeks I have decided that I will only have a maximum of 1 beer per day. The first night out at dinner with friends wasn't a crazy fun party like I am used to, had I been drinking I knew how much fun I would have been having with em's and scotty and the like. Instead I went home and went to bed before midnight sober and bored. As a young adult should I even worry about trying to control these situations? Or just let them roll on with no regrets, with the memory in my later life that I never held back and lived life to the full? Maybe these are some of the questions I should be trying to answer in my concept. I just need to find a method of portraying these questions and answers through a series of photos. I will be asking for advice and photographers who have done similar work in the next class. Here is one example of a photographer who I was thinking of using a similar style to: http://vimeo.com/4636202
I had fun getting that off my chest; cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment